The achievement of web applications and websites depends on how well the User Interface is designed. Designing a good UI conversely is a very challenging process. There is a selection of User Interface resources that allows you as designer to access, redefine, and produce a well skilled UI design. These techniques are pretty useful for designers either they are going to design a customer’s website or a resell proficient website model. There are a collection of principles for refining the feature of your user interface design. These principles are:
- The structure principle. Your design should systematize the user interface persistently in significant and helpful ways based on obvious and reliable models. The structure principle is concerned with your overall UI planning.
- The simplicity principle. Your design should make plain and general tasks simple to do and provide good shortcuts that are significantly related to longer procedures.
- The visibility principle. Your design should keep all desirable options and materials for a given task visible without disturbing the user with irrelevant or unneeded information.
- The feedback principle. Your design should keep users up to date with actions or analysis, changes of situation or forms, and faults or exceptions that are applicable and of interest to the user.
- The reuse principle. Your design should reprocess internal and external workings and behaviors, retaining consistency with reason rather than just random consistency.
Why do you need better UI design?
User interface design is essential for numerous reasons. Firstly the more perceptive the UI the easier it is to use. The better the user interface the easier it is to guide people to use it and it also reduces the training costs. The better your user interface the less help people will require exploiting it. It will also reduce your sustain costs as well.
User Interface Design Approach
Color coding: Many applications use color coding to help visually differentiate between different types of accesses. A simple way to do this is to set a text label inside a highlighted box. In this way the list becomes simply scan able. It is important not to use various colors for the same task or parallel colors for entirely different tasks.
Virtual hierarchy: You should design your interface in a way that allows the user to focus on what is most important. The dimension, color, and position of each element should work together and creates a clear path to understand your interface.
Provide feedback: Your interface should at all times speak to your user when his actions are both right and wrong or misunderstood. Always inform your users of actions, changes in condition and mistakes or exceptions that occur.
Benefits of Good User Interface Design
One of the most important benefits of a good user interface is visibility of the system’s condition. Users must observe at once that what is going on at the back the scenes and whether their measures have actually directed to the predictable results. To attain a more refined level of system visibility, Web applications these days use AJAX which allocates users to modernize segments of a Web page at any time without having to restore the whole page. AJAX brings the level of openness and interactivity of Web apps much nearer to desktop based applications.